Friday, April 20, 2007

Sumo style

Deadlift grippers chalk.
Things I love.
Changing daily rocks.

Sumo DL
240 x 15 singles
60 seconds rest between sets
Filed CoC 1 8 singles each hand between sets
2 hand swings with 70 plus mini-band
10 x 6

Good workout. Nothing too taxing.
Rif, Christine, ya'll were right, sumo is cool. I can get my shins closer to the bar, and it's WAY easier for me to get my short little arms on the bar between my legs instead of reaching outside my legs. It hits my quads more too, that's a strong point for me. Neato.

I pulled double overhand today no need for staggered grip, wasn't heavy enough. I did do a couple of sets hook grip. That's insane, I like my thumbnails attached thank you very much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Excellent! Welcome to the Dark Side. mwaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!

LOL @ hook grip comment... I've never tried hook grip, except for doing Oly snatches, I wasn't a fan.

My only suggestion for a staggered grip is that it helps you (and by helps you, I mean helps me) keep your shoulders back and your weight on your heels.

Funny, I remember thinking the same thing about my quads working more during sumos at the beginning-- one of the reason I was not a fan at first.

Good work!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

LOL funny about the quads. I'm actually strong there it's a good thing for me.
I'll keep that in mund about the grip!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

naw you dont need no stinkin thumbnails,lol.nice job. you are going to love deadlifting from now on but make sure you still do conventionals to make the back stronger, as well as good mornings and bent rows

7:40 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

See nobody commented on the haiku. I thought I was being clever. I pulled sumo, sumo is japanese, so is haiku. Guess I was just being esoteric. LOL.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home