Wednesday, April 18, 2007

wow

I just watched a PL meet held inside a supermax prison. The inmates were competing. Discovery channel aired it.
I'm just blown away, They only showed the DL portion, but needless to say it's obviously raw. A lot of guys going over 500 several over 600 and one failed attempt at 675.

I can't help but wonder about the risk/reward ratio though. How does having a 650 deadlifter who also happens to be doing life for rape and murder help the guards???


time to go train

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

at least two ways to look at it:

1) training that heavy and hard will burn off so much negatibve energy and

2) if they lift that heavy and hard they will be VERY sore and still and their lower backs will be very vunerable,lol.

powerlifters are strong but they cant move.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

I guess so. I mean they allow it for a reason, but damn are they SCARY!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Funny, I was checking out meets in PA... and the USAPL still sanctions prison meets. Non-inmates can enter... men only... and not that I would ever entertain the idea. Rif's right, PLers can't move for squat. (har har har)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

LMAO @ the pun! Yes maybe Pl'rs are slow, but I still have no desire to fight one with a life scentance and and nothing to loose!!!!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home