Monday, April 16, 2007

F U C K I N' A

squat
135x3
185x3
195x4
I put the saftey pins in at 195, they were too high, I hit them with my little finger caught in between the right one and the bar. I didn't know I could reverse direction so fast. no harm done though I was doing the negative slowly. re racked dropped the pins did 3. 3+1=4
225x3
250x2
225x3

Got the position right on my back, funny thing is I always used a towel or pad or manta ray before to minimize discomfort, with the exception of the manta ray this is the most comfortable way to squat there is. Virtually no pain at all. Hand position is better but I still have to monkey with it when I stand up and re-rack. more stretching required!!

Big revelation!!! my weakness is my hips, below paralell my strength DROPS big time. Scary fast in fact. I'll be going down under controll easily 250 was no problem, I'll hit a point and alomost panic it starts getting heavy FAST man. I forced myself to go to this point and rely on the fact I had saftey pins. How the hell does squats hit the adductors so damn hard( or abductors wich ever ones move a limb toward the body ). ouchy. Squat are still one of my favorite things. next monday I'm going to do grippers between sets!!

Abs
wanted to do more but my abs were strangly tired :-)
double windmill
70 on top 88 on bottom
2 singles each side.
I feel it

swings
10x10 with the 70

I decided to use the 70 to strengthen the hips more. I wanted to do 150 but that wasn't going to happen.

damn I feel fuckin' alive!

9 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I have the same hip problem with the squat. I have no idea how else to fix it but to squat lighter lower. Let me know if you come up with anything. :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

I was read in a PL forum where somebody asked the same question.

http://rawpowerlifting.proboards62.com/index.cgi?board=training&action=display&thread=1174613151

same answer you came up with, squat more lower, and pause squats.

Makes total sense, just good old fashioned hard work. Next workout I'm going to stay between 200-225 for my works sets and try deep ( as deep as I can go ) paused squats.
I'll let you know what happens!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

box squats.set the box at the lowest postion you can go and still hold your form( back arch, etc). work at that level for 4-6 weeks then drop the box by 1/2 inch and repeat. keep working your way down til you hit the depth you require.
box squats build the bottom of the squat BIG TIME as well as the start of the deadlift.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

oh yeah,have to sit fully and pause on the box.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

lol, oh yeah, nothing works the abs like deep squats and heavy deadlifts.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Cool, thanks man.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Good to know about the start of the DL too, that is where I'm the weakest, off the floor.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Powerlifting message board! The only one I've ever seen is the USAPL forum and the one on Purepowerlifting.com... that no one ever posts on. Suh-weet! Going there now....

4:53 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Cool it's a raw drug free federation. Wich is EXACTLY what I want. They seem to have lots of involvement on the board, plus they have a drug free strongman portion. Really cool stuff.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home