Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Yesterday's diet was perfect learned something about squats

I wanted to post. I planned on it, but I layed down with Ryan to get him to sleep and I went night-night. Poor little guy was a tired 5 year old emotional mess. He was so sad that the other kidshad their friends over and nobody played with him. School and his own friends are going to be great for him. He is so loving, kind and social.

food log for 4-9-07
2 protien shakes w/ flaxseed meal
800 calories 110 grams of protien ( I like the blended protien it seriously curbs my hunger )
3 eggs hard bolied
233 calories 19 grams protien
chicken breast 8 oz pan roasted
calories 375 70 grams protien
5 slices cheese
550 calories 35 grams protien
cabbage 1/2 head
1958 calories
234 grams of protien

I felt GOOD. plus I'm down about 4-5 lbs since I started keeping my food log

When I look at stuff like bacon, cheese, and eggs and oil it feels like I should feel bloated but without processed grains and sugars I don't at all. Cool.


I figured out one of my problems with squats. Shoulder flexibility. I can do highbar ( or at least what I think is highbar ) but my shoulders aren't flexible enough to get the bar on my rear delts without almost grabbing the very outside of the bar. That's fine, except that's where the supports are on my squat rack. I'm only a few inches off either way, I just need to get the bar and some light weight and stretch untill I am flexible enough. I didn't go heavy at all yesterday, I didn't even get a workout in. I feel like I should squat again today, maybe I will. I also figured I am going to add pullups on my squat and DL day to decompress the spine.


I can ALMOST do a full dead hang tactical pullup now at 275 lbs. the first time I tried I could BARELY get out of the dead hang position. Pulldowns did nothing for my pullup strength. I got some JS bands hooked them over the bar and did assisted pullups and VIOLA I'm almost there!!
When I drop a few more lbs and get a little stronger I'll be there!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

dude, nice job on the eating and the pullup! thats no joke at your bodyweight.

spend a lot of time trying to get a stick the length of the squat bar on your back. use it as a stretch and gradually pull the hands in as the pecs and shoulders stretch out.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Good luck! I'll be watching, we'll see if you can get the bar in the right spot, we'll see if I can get my a$$ low enough to get three white lights!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Rif Thanks. I will do exactly that.

Lift like a Girl, you'll do it!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

OH BABEY am I not flexible in the shoulder girdle Rif.
I grabbed my staff and found the place right across my rear delts that cradles the bar. BUT MAN do my arms need to be out there. I pulled them in a couple of inches and pulled down I felt the stretch in my entire shoulder girdle.

Good stuff man.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

cool. hold the closest position you can get for 30 -60 sec sets and 'relax into the stretch' and breathe through it. great stretch( dont be surprised how tight the forearms are) and will really help your squat.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home