Thursday, April 05, 2007

heavy bench/ light kb day

Worked singles up to 225 x 1
( funny stuff I jumped from 135 to 175 only I WAS MISSING A 10 ONE ONE SIDE, actually I take that back it wasn't funny at all.)
10x10 swings with the 53

My most recent record a year or so ago was 225 x 5 I was testing out pttp and I just walked in the gargage and knocked out 2 sets of bench pttp style 5 days a week

225 isn't much BUT I'm happy for 4 reasons.
1) It had fallen back to like 175 x 1 before ETK, yup that's right 175 lbs, so I put 5o lbs on my bench only doing overhead lifts. this makes me thrilled.

2) I messed around and found a groove I can work with, this alone excites me to no end. I arched hard and felt like I took a mile off my bench. Didn't feel my shoulders at all( of course it's still light weight too )

3) my bench is from body solid. it sucks. over padded and it is a combo bench. they designed it so it could be a decline bench too. the problem is that it's so high off the ground. no leg drive at all, I can only arch by putting my feet FORWARD on the little cheap sittup bar attachment.
I'm going to buy a couple of cinderblocks to place on the floor either side of the bench untill I can afford a real one. So this should be a higher number after I get some leg drive

4) It wasn't a true max, just a grind and not that bad of one. It was as close to a max as I wanted to do in my garage whithout a spotter ( saftey pins though )

I bet I'm good for 15-20 lbs more just with leg drive and form work :-)
Now I have a calculation to base my percentages on,I'm going to do the same thing with squat next monday. DL I need more weights. 2 more 45's for right now, then I'll pull to a single and base my percentages off that.

Hey this stuff is a lot funner when your trying for strength than pure hypertrophy. Imagine that!!


food log to follow, doing great today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home