Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oh yeah babey, another great one in the bank chest/back heavy day

bench
150x3
160x3
185x3
205x1 ( all sets of 205 were 200 last week )
205x2
205x1
205x2 ( finished stronger than last week both reps felt strong )
190x1 ( felt light after 205 )
190x2
190x1
190x3 ( extra rep over last week with no problem )
Placed the pinkie or ring finger on the rings not the index or middle finger, felt my tri's instantly.



Back. Barbell bent-over row, same grip as bench and pulled to the same place on sternum as bench.

135x3
155x3
185x3
155x3
185x3
155x3
205x3
205x3 singles off pins 3-4 seconds rest between reps, much harder this way


I went ahead and really tried to get the form down on bench, I wanted to make it like it was a flat bench that felt like a decline bench. Helped some.

Forgot how damn much I like wide BB bent over row. Lat pulldowns are a shitty way to work the back, chins, pullups, rows, and snatches babey.

Watched about 100 bench videos today and yesterday, I noticed that most of the guys tah can bench pull themselves up to the bar then get in the arch. I tried it, what do you know I got a bigger arch. Cool.

Post script
it's about 15- 20 minutes after I posted the other stuff. I'm having a little D.O.N. Delayed Onset Nausea. LOL. I forgot to add. I got ripped off on my bench and rack, I paid WAY too much for it, I should have gotten a good rack and flat bench and saved enough money for a good bar. But when I got it I was interested in bodybuilding only. I'm embarassed to even admit to such blasphemey.
I really don't have the cash to spare for a new good bench, but I hate excuses too. So I used a little American ingnuity, I picked up 2 cinder blocks for about 3 bucks and placed them beside my bench. VIOLA, I have a place to put my feet to arch off of!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

nice work man, getting stronger every workout. just wait.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

I can't wait. Give me a couple of years and not freakin' dieting.......

4:21 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Good work! I'll have to consult you when it comes time for the whole set up of the garage gym.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

LOL Christine, my setup is really simple. really simple. I'll put up some pics on my blog though if you like.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'd love to see it, like dirty pictures, but for powerlifters :)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

LMFAO X many sets!!!! You are really damn funny!!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home