Thursday, June 14, 2007

Crap ( in a good way )

Did a heavy double on bench, worked up to heavy double on yates rows did TGUs and swings. Yeterday was a freakin marathon day. And I'm just BARELY sore in the middle of my back, my bis are are tiny bit sore, and my hip flexors are present and accounted for. I seriously though I was going to wake up in agony. Nope. Is it possible to have better recovery abilities at 35 than 20. Maybe it's just better nutrition. Of course DOMS is a possibility.
On another note, is it possible to have 2 favorite gyms?? Thorbecks is so damned cool. It's so full of a certain type of energy. Like all the lifters that have come before have left and imprint there. And they are watching you. The people are totally nice, not judgemental, nothing. They rely on the karma ( wich they call the honor system ) concept wich makes me favore this gym HEAVILY. Just because you never see a buisiness run that way anymore.
Then there is Strengthworks, same type of people. Same great music. Bad Religion was on the stereo last night. Sometimes it Zombie or Judas Priest. or whatever. Barb wants to workout and she doesn't want to do weenie workouts. She likes weights and asked to do what I'm doing. i said ok. She wants to do the big three and KB's with me. She loves to squat, but she can't do the bar yet. So I said hey strengthworks has a powersquat machine. We went. I do love that place. Everytime I go they have a more equipment. Now they have an Elieko Oly set (that had to set them back a buck or two ). Apollon axle bar. kettlebells from 26-88 lbs......wait for it......and they are Dragon Door bells!!!! Set of kegs. Full set of CoC grippers. Tires. Sleds. Weighted vest. Full sets of bands. EFS chain sets with the adjustable setup. AND it was funny Barb was all intimidated, she was saying when we went in, "Do you think I'll be welcome in here?". I laughed a little and told her absolutely. Turns out she went to the bathroom and one of the owners started asking me about her. "Is that your wife...........?" He was waiting for the "No it's my cousin" or something like that. Sorry pal find your own girl. :-) Barb stll doesn't believe me. I recognize the tone, I'm a guy. He was all complimenting her on her matching hair and shirt.
So anyway Barb came to the same conclusion I did. Get a membership at Strengthworks and when we want to lift at Thorbecks just pay the 2 damn dollars to lift there!


OH yeah i was doing TGU's at strengthworks and one of the other owners walks buy and says "Cool, Turkish Getups are so good for you, one of my favorites." Nice. Not "What does that work???"

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

wow dude sounds like you found a GREAT place to train. those are the places where you get really really strong.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are killing me thinking i was scoping on your wife. i'm glad the two of you came in and enjoyed the place.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home