Sunday, June 10, 2007

Brush fire at the old homestead.


Just a FRACTION of the nastiness we live next too. and this is after a prolonged fight with the city to get them to clean up their shithole.










The highly suspicious gas can turned over in crazy neighbors yard.






















This is the fire damage.























OK this was one of the weirdests nights I can remember. It was about 11 oclock, I was chatting on the 'puter with wifey and I hear the front door gets flung open. Somebody I don't know is in my living room screaming, and my kids start screaming. All this happens in a fraction of a second. I grabbed my blade and head for the living room fully thinking we are the recipients of a home invasion. They are all too common in this area. Before I get to the living room I realize this girl is screaming that the house is on fire and she's pushing my kids out the door. This sucks, we live on a main street that's busy even late. Several very important issues pop in my head, kids, pets, traffic, ect. To much jumbled stuff in my head to remember accurately. I QUICKLY organize the kids care under Tylers supervision, he actually got in the van and drove it a couple hundred yards to my mother-in-laws house even though e doesn't have a liscense. He shouldn't have driven, but I'm damned proud of him too, he was thinking about all the kids. I pulled the fence down that blocks the back from the front and grabbed a hose. The fence between us and our neighbore was fuly engulfed. Actaully it was reassuring it had not reached our house, just the fence. Neighbors helped me put out the fire by the time the fire department got there. The eaves of our house were smoking right before I got it put out. Scary.
All in all I'm very proud of everyone, they all stayed together and listened, the older kids protected and watched the little kidsI'm on a hormone crash right now nursing a beer. Yes i'm tossing back a beer, after that I needed one.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

wow dude, that has got to be seriously scary. so glad nothing bad happened. you deserved the beer!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

That is so scary! That's amazing that you were able to keep such a level head. Glad everyone's ok!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

I work best under pressure, but I'll freely admit that was way too much pressure. I don't get woried or scared at the moment but afterwards it hits me like bricks.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm glad everyone's ok. Crazy neighbor lady has got to go!

And yeah, you totally deserve the beer!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

man, too bad the house on the other side of you didnt burn down. nasty is right.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

No shit man!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home