Saturday, August 18, 2007

Date night Friday

I took Barb to the new Bass Pro Shop that opened up in Mesa for our date. I can just hear the bloggerland womens comments now. Typical guy taking the wifey to a hunting and fishing shop. Let me explain my rational. This place is HUGE. So huge in fact it has a 16,000 foot resteraunt in it. A fish and seafood resteraunt that specializes in very fresh fish. Barb LOVES and I mean borders on obsession LOVES aquariums. The store has a 20 or 30 thousand gallon freshwater tank that is fed by a waterfall. It has among other things a 44 lb catfish and a 10 lb largemouth bass. The resteraunt has a 13,000 gallon reef tank.
She had no idea I was taking her there. And the food was really good.
I had a rare tuna steak covered in sesame seeds served with wasabi, she had a mahi mahi fillet served with a chardonay cream sauce. We both ate our fish and veggies. Both of us had a giant baked potatoe. We had agreed that this would be a cheat day. We both attempted to eat out potatoe but couldn't, it made both of us ill very shortly into it. Funny.

We then went to Sun Devil liquers it has a hidden beer and wine bar. We basically split a glass of wine. That didn't make us feel so swift either. So we called it a night. Barb is 168 down 15 lbs I am very proud of her. She even went to a salon and got her hair done before our date ( this is a huge deal, she hates salons ). Even on our cheat day our eating habits have changed. Heavy carbs just suck. although the last week hasn't been a good nutrition week for me, I'm back today. Went to Whole Foods and stocked up.

Anyway our date felt a LOT like our first one, nobody but me and her.

Tried to sprint Friday, made my hand hurt almost unbearably. Swinging it. And the attending at county gave me nothing for pain, and the attending the next day gave me 10 endocet. Yeah I'm giving up on trying to get something for pain. Motrin it is, although that doesn't really touch it.

I think I can still squat with SSB, so Monday I'm off to Thorbecks to squat, then going to the park to try to sprint again. Not being able to workout is depressing.

But I did have a helluva damn fine date with my wife.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

it's always a good sign when you can cheat heavily on your off day and you just don't crave it. when you realize that it makes you feel worse and you dont want to feel that more than youwant to taste the food. thats a big thing.
did you you break bones in your hand? whats the diagnosis. sorry to hear that.sounds like it's gonna be a painful recovery.
IF you can stand it plunging the whole hand into a bucket of ice water for as long as you can will significantly reduce the inflammation and promote healing.
We did this for ankles withour gymnasts and it works very well, IF you can tolerate it. very uncomfortable.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Rif no broken bones, no appearant tendon damage. i did nick the bone in my pinkie, and split my thumbpad pretty good ( or bad rather ). I will do the ice water, i had forgotten about that. I was doing a grip program called KTA for a while. you would work up to 75 singles in a week with grippers, lots of them were negatives with a gripper you couldn't close. Ice baths were the key to recovery in the program, they help TREMENDOUSLY.

And about the carbs, it's crazy, I was so looking forward to that big ass potatoe. It just made me feel sick, couldn't eat it. Barb either.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Rob O'Brien said...

Royce,

Did you ever try the anabolic diet? I only eat carbs on weekends...then take 5 days off. Works for me.

Best,
Rob

5:02 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Rob, I have tried the anabolic diet. I tend to overcheat on the weekends if you know what I mean. When I'm ready to gain muscle again I think I'll try it again.
Thanks.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home