Friday, August 10, 2007

workout/food

Strength circuit
A1 TGU 5/5 ( first set of 5/5 with the 70 PR )
A2 pullup 8 -50 lbs with JS band
4 sets

B1 Reverse lunge 12/12
B2 snatch 10/10
4 sets

C1 slingshot 20/20 ( did 2 sets with the 70 ) rep 38 on the second set I droped the KB about 2 inches from my toes, switched to 53.
C2 pushup 10

Finisher Lead boots
reverse lunges 8/8
bodyweight squats 15
8/8 alternating jump lunges
15 jump squats.

When I almost droped the 70 on my foot it reminded me of a mullet moment I had when I was younger. I borrowed my friends .357 Mag Ruger Super Blackhawk and his western cut holster and went to the desert to go shooting. That thing had a trigger job and an action job, custom sites and custom barrell length. HAIR trigger too. It was all set up for western trick shooting and fast draw competitions. He was actually pretty fast and accurate with it. I wanted to be too. So I bought a few boxes of ammo and started practicing. Can you figure out what comes next.......yup I shot the ground about 6 inches if front of my right foot directly in line with my big toe. I have never ever tried to do any sort of fast draw again in my life.

Buffalo stew turned out pretty damn good, I bought a buffalo roast and used all organic veggies. Boiled the roast for about 3 hours with fennel, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper. When the roast was tender I shredded it with a put it back in the stock and added a head of shredded organic red cabbage, cooked it until the cabbage was tender. Grated a little real parmasian cheese over the top and it was mighty tastey.

Monday I start using heavy ( for me ) weights again. Bench, Squat and KJ's VO2 max as many rounds as I can get. Pray for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Friday said...

I hate those mullet moments. Avoiding them is one big reason why I go for double-action revolvers.

I gave my sifu an old Smith & Wesson model 10 that was smooth and light like that. In double action, it is totally sweet but not too light. Single action is way too light for me, though.

Nice workout, too. That finisher seems like a ball-buster after all the other stuff.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Fucking hell man it sucks! In the best possible way though, my legs just turn to cement.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

OH and yeah it was an important firearm moment for me. I always check recheck and then check again my targets, backstops ect ect

6:26 PM  
Blogger Aaron Friday said...

I'm pretty sure I would shit my pants if I ever discharged a magnum without intending to. You single-action guys are a different breed, I think.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home