Sunday, August 05, 2007

interval day

Went to the store bought a ribeye, then went to the park to earn my food for the day. It helps a lot to think of food as a reward for activity. Even non working out activity,like housework. I had been perfect on my nutrition till last night we ordered pizza and I had 3 slices. I wanted so much more, but I refrained, 3 slices filled me up. I did not NEED more food. So I don't feel particularly bad about the pizza. Besides it was freakin delicious.

all done with 53
slingshot 60 seconds
light jog 60 seconds
slingshot 60 seconds
swings 30 seconds
light jog/walk 90 seconds
cool down walking 3-5 minutes

x 6 rounds

Jogging has not been an easy task in a long long time, it still is not. But it is just beggining to be a way to stabilize my heart rate. It only works for a few rounds then my heart rate is just up and there is nothing I can do except rest. I really like the idea of being able to jog between rounds and be recovered enough to perform.
I have an idea how I'm going to combine squat bench and DL with KBs, it's still kind of in the amorphous stage.
The 70 is starting to feel managable for higher reps, it's been the lungs that go not the legs. Lungs are starting to be good, plus 44 lbs of completely useless tissue I don't have to oxygenate has to help too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

I also like the idea of working to 'earn' my food. just something else to keep you motivated and working hard and eating smart.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Yeah I first read that on your blog. You figure even a few hundred years ago you had to chase food down first THEN eat it. I went squirrel hunting in Flagstaff once ( 7000+ feet elevation ). I can honestly say I have never been hungrier then that day, chasing squirrels on an empty stomach all day. LOL

6:05 PM  
Blogger Aaron Friday said...

Interesting idea.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Franz Snideman said...

I like the complex you put together. And your thinking is in the right place. People shouldn't be allowed to eat unless they work construction, or train with kettlebells!

Rock on!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

The complexes are all David Whitley's stuff, and yeah they are smokers. They definately have a cumulitive fatigue effect.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Oh yeah and the "earning your food" id Rif's concept. Not very original am I, LOL.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home