Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Who ever sad healthy has to taste bad

Spinach
steak
salt
pepper
pickled artichoke hearts
parmesian cheese



A side note to eating like this, well first some history on me. I lived in Illinois untill I was 10 and lived in the country untill I was 8. My mom had a HUGE garden where I consumed massive amounts of organic fruits and veggies, long before organic was chic. My mom also canned so we had "fresh" fruits and veggies in the winter. We drank whole milk by the gallon, but it was pure organic milk and usually gotten from trade. We had a french neighbor that made organic cheeses. We also ate plenty off fresh fish and some game.

At 10 we moved to Texas for my Dads job where the soil is poor and we ate far less clean. Lots of meat with hormones and shitty veggies. They tased like cardboard to me. The later we moved to Arizona. I grew up. I ate what everyone else ate around me. Fast foods and horrible tasting meats, fruits and veggies, sour tasting milk and shitloads of pasta and grains. I started getting HORRIBLE allergies. Bad bad allergies. Where is this going?

One allergy I have is to cats. Since I virtually eliminated grains and dairy they're gone. GONE. Fucking gone. we've had cats in the house for SEVERAL days now. 5 minutes with a cat would have normally put me out of commission for the rest of the day. Migranes, eyes would almost swell shut. Sneezing uncontrollabley. Gone, it's all gone. I have spent thousands and probably 10,000 dollars over the past 15 years on medicine and doctors visits.

Guess Barry Sears knows his shit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Yurm!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Aaron Friday said...

Interesting points about the food and allergies, etc. Food is powerful stuff.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

great post and great looking meal. you are really getting it.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home