Tuesday, January 16, 2007

To Deb

Hey I appreciate your heartfelt concern when you told me to stop beating myself up.

Let me re-assure that is not what is happening.

Something really good happened to me before the end of the year, I read 3 posts about training, and more importantly about the philosophy behind the way we train.

Suddenly I was transported back in time to when I was 19, all the old feelings for the gym, for the weights, for the PRs came flooding back to me.

Its like a long lost relationship, like if I hadn't seen Barb for 10 years, you just flood with memories and feelings.
Training is a lot like relationships, you find what works for you, you persevere through difficult times, and ultimately you become a stronger better person along the way, just like relationships you get injured too.
I have a song chorus stuck in my head fro Three days Grace

"So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become."

Trust me this isn't me lamenting, this isn't me beating myself up.
This is me feeding the animal.

" I let myself get fat, 10 more swings."

"I let myself get weak, press more weight."

Thanks again for the concern, but trust me this is the best I have been inside for many years.
And soon form will follow function and I will be better on the outside too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Royce,

:) In that case keep it up partner. Oh and somehow I just have the urge to "noogie noogie" your head. LOL hope you know what that is...as is sure sounds like something kinda dirty. :P

7:42 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

LOL, I do it to my kids all the time!!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home