Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Extra workout

Decided to actually think about my extra workout.

Because of the post on Dragondoor about how one rep limit strength affects the number of reps you can do with a lighter weight, I decided to compliment the training I am already doing

108 lb 2 hand swing ( 88 with 2 10's taped on )
3 sets of 5 with 5 minutes rest between sets

Floor press with 70
elbows flared 5 reps each side

I wont go over 3x5 on the floor presses
and won't go over 5x5 on the swings

when both those get easy
floor press the 88
swing 2 70's


work up to floor pressing the Beast for 3x5
swing 2 88's 5x5

Oh yeah and leave reps in the bank, no where near failure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Reifkind said...

Royce, I just read your post "Sentiment". I knew I liked you!

I remember the first time I read one of your posts and I thought "I like this guy!"

As far as the feelings of "revulsion" the only thing I can offer is that you are more than your body. And the beauty of the body is that it can change. Absolutly!

PS your wife seems cool too! I commented on her blog, I hope she doesn't mind.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Not at all she likes having comments from all different people on there.

And thanks so much for the compliment, it means a lot.

At some point in the next year or 2 me Barb and the kids are going through NorCal.
I would like to meet both ya'll.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Oh yeah, I totally lucked out with my wife. She freakin' ROCKS.
I can't even listen to guys sit and bitch about their wives, LAME if you ask me!!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home