Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Something to make you think...

So I keep hearing about everybody's dark places, and yes everybody has them. But they are a side of us, not us. To focus to hard on one thing is to exclude everything else. So to that end her is a link and a poem i found on someone elses blog. Enjoy.my new hero
And here is that lovely little poem I thought I would post.
Today upon a bus I saw a lovely girl with golden hair. I envied
her - she seemed so gay - and wished I were as fair. But suddenly
she rose to leave. I saw her hobble down the isle, she had only one
leg and wore a crutch, but as she passed, a smile…
Oh, God forgive me when I whine,
I have two legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold them had such charm. I stopped to talk to him, he seemed so glad - if I was late could do
no harm. As I left he said to me, “I thank-you, you had been so
kind. It’s nice to talk to folks like you, you see,” he said, “I am
blind.”
Oh, God forgive me when I whine,
I have two eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of
blue. He stood and watched the others play, he did not know what to
do. I stopped a moment and said, “Why don’t you join the others,
dear?” He looked ahead without a word and then I knew, he couldn’t
hear.
Oh, God forgive me when I whine,
I have two ears, the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I go, with eyes to see the sun-set glow,
with ears to hear what I would know.
Oh, God forgive me when I whine,
I am blessed indeed, the world is mine!


No sarcasam intended, I just know our attention animates out thoughts, or as the bible puts it "As a person thinks so they are."

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

Ohhhh did you get that from Wickedly Temporary.

She made me cry too!

I could not even look at that pic!
Awful!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Yeah, I got it off one of the persons leaving comments on your blog, I broke down everytime I thought obout it being Cheyenne.
Took me an hour to read the article

8:57 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Yes, it is busted. I put the copy ad paste version above it. Thank you very much for sharing both the poem and the article. Both moved me.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Trailady said...

I really enjoyed this post. It's true- we take so much for granted.

"Don't know whatcha got until it's gone"...

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home