Sunday, April 16, 2006

Heavy bag

YeeHaawww, I just bought a 100 lb. punching bag. Got a great deal on it 70 bucks.
I still have to hang it in my garage but that is easy, then heavy bag work.
I really enjoy it, I don't even think I am working out, and guess what, no aggression afterwards.
Got a funny story for ya'll, I went to Home Depot yesterday to pick up a 4x4 to run across the garage to hang the bag on. So I find the 4x4 and think to myself " Self you have been doing alot of Kettlebell work lately along with some grip work, I wonder if you can pick up this 12 foot 4x4 with one hand ( pinch grip )." Then I said to myself " Hey self that is not a bad idea." So I did it, easily. Then I decided since that was easy i should clean it with one hand ( cleans are a Olympic Lifting type move, you move the weight from the starting position to your shoulders in one clean movement, hence the name.) I did it quite easily.
I started walking down the aisle to go to the checkout stand and heard someone use a loud explicitive and timber bounce off the ground, I turnd back and looked down the aisle in time to see a Home Depot employee shaking his hand and staring a 4x4 on the floor......LMAO. He tried it and could not do it. Yup, this stay at home dad is stronger than the dude that does manuel labor for a living!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

I've been fighting my two wet brain cells about a punching bag since I left my ex. I think I could let out a lot of aggression on it.

I got the gloves, just not my own bag.

Someday. Enjoy it anyway. You seem to have your own little routine down.
:)

Peace
Shelli-B

7:56 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Bag work is way cool for aggression, and like I said, fun too. You don't even realize your working out, then when you stop you are covered in sweat.
Yeah I have a pretty good routine down. I would love to get into Mixed Martial Arts also but may be to old to start. I do have a pretty good track record with streetfights, although none of them were against a highly conditioned athelete.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Never too old for anything....
Especially not martial arts.

The adult mixed martial arts class at my daughters dojo has well of course, adults. They are mostly meatheads but it's quite funny, one side of the room is prison guards and cops and parole officers looking to get some street fighting/take down experience, the other side of the room is x-cons and dudes that love to fight (some meatheads) cons and troublemakers just looking to shed some blood.

It's a great class to watch, always someone who leaves there hunched over or bleeding.

Luvit!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

I would love to beat up a cop and have it be ok!! ( still some residual meathead left in me I guess )...LOL
You can take the boy out of the stupid but you can't take the stupid out of the boy, I really don't dislike cops as much as I used to, but I have had some run-ins with bad ones.....LOL
My point on MMA is this, if I do it for say 10 years I will be 45 and if I try to compete it will be against people who are 1/2 my age and have more experience than me.
When is the last time you seen a 45 year old dude in any fighting sport.
No excuse not to get back into martial arts, just don't know if there is time to compete.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Trailady said...

See, you are just a hard act to follow!! hee hee

5:04 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

When my x used to compete in MMA we competed in NAGA (north american grappling assoc.) in New Jersey. I have video and pics (still) to prove it, he had these young muscleheads tapping out all the way to 2nd place, even one kid from the Gracie's team (look them up, they invented Brazilian Jui Jitsu) and was beat by this gray haired scronny guy who had probably won his first match at age 20. He had to be 45 or better. Don't underestimate your component.

Go to Nagafighter.com and see some of the photos. You'd be surprised.

We have 2 kids in our school who compete. One is #1 in the nation for his age group and he's only 12. Imagine him in 15 years. Pffft!

Never can hurt to try (well, only a little, maybe) but do whatcha love.

I want to kickbox. I don't see that ever happening....but man would I love to watch myself on tv beatin the crap outta some blonde bimbo bouncin' around the ring.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

I actually trained in one of the first Gracie schools in Arizona, and I met Royce Gracie, he is a class act. Very funny, he said that if you lost a street fight in Brazil your opponenet would rape you. Gave me a whole new idea about Brazil.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

I never ot very far in jujuitsu, did it for about 6 months, so not trying to brag or anything.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

nagafighter.com is way cool, try rageinthecage.com. Maybe I will be up there on the videos in the next 10 years or so..LOL

7:23 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

well i will be there cheering you on...

rockon!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

my stupid ex terd is in there someplace..


f- him anyway...sometimes i wish he got his ass beat one good time!
he deserves it!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home