Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Fine call me a pussy. I'm gunna workout my way.

Warmup TGU with 53
2/2

Squat below paralell
225 3x3
I think I could do 5x3 , but i'm going to work up to 5x5 then add weight.

I have to thank Aaron for this aproach, easy does it. I wanna move some weight, But I want to be conservative about it. I ain't 20 and I have no desire to get hurt bad.

One arm jerk with 70, done HS and as explosevely as possible

5/5, 6/6, 7/7 x 3 108 jerks done in about 40 minutes Legs feel like RUBBER. This is got to be a volume PR on jerks in one workout.
My goal with this move is 3 ladders 5/5-10/10

Swings, snatches and jerks will be my conditioning.

Squat, bench, DL, various OHPing and rows will be my limit strength stuff.
Simple and brutal.

Back-off weeks every 4rth week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Um. "pussy"


Just kidding! :)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Aaron Friday said...

Royce, you got it right IMO. "Stimulate, not annihilate" is my mantra. If you can keep up with incremental increases, in some form, week after week, you make serious progress over time.

I don't know why anyone would even think "pussy," except that you didn't kill yourself with squats. Maxing out with squats or anything else on a weekly or daily basis is retarded.

If you define "PRs" creatively like I do, you can hit them every session without killing yourself. For example, maybe you load the bar with a weight you've never used before, and then rep out to a comfortable stop. That will be a PR for you with that weight (e.g., 230 instead of 225). Maybe 3 months down the road, you'll feel like breaking that PR on a given day, and you'll be able to do it.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

dude, read david whitleys latest post on "absorb what is useful". there is no other way than to find your own way towards your own goals in your own time frame. aint' nothing pussy about it at all. just smart.
as long as you are getting better at what you care to get better at you are on the right path.there are SO many variable that come into play as to your workout intensity and volume for any certain day that to disregard them for what is pre written down on a piece of paper is folly. smart move imo.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

plus, ANYBODY that does squats regularly in their workout cannot be pussy. period.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Taikei Matsushita said...

You and Aaron are inspirational.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home