Sunday, May 13, 2007

Thorbecks

I overheard one of the owners taliking about the new equipment they are trying to get, and the prices they are paying.
Damn, I hope they do, at least, a comp bench and power cage. 'Cause I would never leave.

I watched a dude do 405 reverse bench for 3 solid reps Wednesday. That's insane. Plus he was totally nice, walked past me and gave me a form tip on my bench, very politely. Asked me if I wouldn't mind if he gave me some advice. Uhhhh......PLEASE give me advice, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. He seemed genuinely pleased he could help me too. I love the atmosphere there!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Justin Qualler said...

Hey Royce, does Thorbecks have any kind of punching bag or anything?

Either way, two dollars for a day pass? That's ridiculous.

I need a place to DL and do pull ups and this'll be perfect!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Yeah it has a punching bag and a DL platform. The place is seriously cool!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

That's it, I'm moving to Arizona. :)

It sounds like they foster a strength friendly environment there, that's way cool!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

It's the old west, people can still carry guns in public legally, the last step-out-in-the-street "legal" gunfight happened in Prescott in 1950. In Jerome and Prescott Native Americans come in off the Reservation and often have problems with ranchers in locall bars. Being a hardass here still has a certain charm. LOL

8:46 PM  
Blogger Trailady said...

This is WAY cool! Says a lot about a guy when he's willing to take tips off other guys. I respect that. I'm a certified Master Trainer, but I still have dudes who give me NO respect. It kills me to see someone with really BAD form, knowing I could help them do better, but they are too cocky to listen to a girl. Sometimes, I'll put one of the guy trainers up to saying something, but they won't even hear it from a man. Too bad. I don't care how good anyone gets in the gym, there is always room for improvement in technique somewhere. Being willing to find that is what makes the difference between mediocre and awesome. :o)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Trailady let re re-iterate, THE GUY REVERSED BENCHED 405 FOR REPS. LOL.
I would be damn fool not to listen to him.
Or anyone who knows something I don't, and that's one hell of a lotta people.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home