Monday, April 30, 2007

Box squats

This is the first time I've done these. What an absolute blast.
I was going to go for a conservative max then base my workouts on it.
75% x 10sets x 2reps 45-60 seconds between sets.
Well I worked up to a fairly hard double but my bench started flexing under me. The crazy thing is that the heavier it got the better my form got. or at least the more tight and solid everything felt. I didn't even feel the weight on my back today so that was WAY cool


I'm several inches above parallel on my bench, I don't care gotta think long term multi-year plan.

all reps with a full 2 second pause, no rocking to get off the bench.

135x2
185x2
225x2
315x2
365x2 ( I was astonished at this )
kb press
5 singles each side with 70
10x10 swings with 53.

Long rests between everything.


The 365 for a double really blew me away, I was stoked, running around the garage screaming and cussing, banging shit around like a madman. I'm glad I was the only person home.
My internet is off right now I was so happy i had to drive to the e-cafe and blog LOL.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

told ya you would like them :))

two seconds is too long. just sit on the box fully them jump off.keep the back very arched, the abs pushed out and tight and jsut release the legs, then retighten them as you come off

you should try to drive yor traps into the bar to get off the box AS you push through the floor.
Get comfy at that box height and then you can find a way to build something an inch lower to build that height at til; you get to parallel and slightly below.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

365!?!? You go!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Yeah Christine I was STOKED. But it was above parallel and well above my weak point

Rif drive through the traps got it, I remember that from the article on WSB site. No long pauses, will do. I'm going to put plywood down in front of my bench. and add sheets as needed. I'll get there 1/2 inch at a time. I am STILL STOKED AS HELL.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Lauren Brooks said...

Nice! You should be proud. 8-)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Thanks Lauren!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

There is NOTHING I've done athletically that feels as good as being strong in my squat.Its just a very unique feeling when that movement is very very strong.you're hooked now.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home