Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bench/back light day Tri's heavy

54321 light bench
145
155
165
175
185
all seriously light, felt strong all the way through. 195 got shakey a while back, 185 went up like butter. I started out at about a 240ishbench ( weak I know ). I think I'm at least there if not more now.
I did bench lockouts for tricep work 3-4 inches off saftey pins touch-and-go, not singles
225x5
275x5
315x1

I have absolutely NEVER hit the inner head of my tricep like this EVER, or my front delts.
I believe 315 is the most I've ever supported in the bench position so that's a lifetime PR of sorts.
What surprised me was how hard my bi's and back got hit on a press, totally fried.

Back was 3x5 lat pulldowns 150 lbs. lame movement I know but I was spent.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Lat pulldowns are not a lame movement. :) You need your lats for benching, as I have recently discovered. Lockouts rule. :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

I prefer pullups to pulldowns. I hook a JS band over my pullup bar and step into it, and bada-bing fat boy can knock out sets of pullups. not tonight though, those lockouts were TOUGH :-)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Funny, I'm contemplating doing the same thing, I found it in a functional strength book. Same thing for push-ups, tie me to a JS Band and suddenly I can bang out more than 15!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home