Sunday, February 11, 2007

Crunch time

"It's all easy untill it gets heavy."
ala Rif

"Don't be a sissy."
ala Tom Furman

I'm staying with RoP untill I meet the goals of the program!!

Just can't believe the 53 is heavy, what a fuckin' ego killer!!

I started the C&P with a certain tempo, not much rest between rungs but 2-3 minutes rest between ladders, to get some cardio too from the C&P's. Well I kept extending the time between rungs just to get a higher volume. The high volume C&P just kicks my ass, I almost don't have energy for the swings or snatches.
I guess that is the point though, plus a C&P is a whole body move anyway, of course it's gunna' fry me.
I have to press the Beast to accomplish the goals, so that means 1-5 x 5 at least with the bulldog, That will be one serious accomplishment.

Yesterday was the exact time in the last 12-13 years that I stopped any program or anything and started something new. Bullshit.
I ain't stopping, period.

I have quoted a few inspirational people on my blog, now I am going to quote myself
from Dec 28th.

I had a huge realization last night during my workout.After I finished it I felt great, wonderfull, on top of the world.
Within 15 minutes I was overanalizing my workout lamenting on the fact that I couldn't put any effort into getting big again if I was to follow this routine to it's intended goals ( another post, but suffice it to say it will take some time ).
I realized this was camaflauge, it was a smoke screen for my true feelings, because I didn't want to face them. LAZINESS, SLOTH, I was finding problems with a near perfect program not because I wanted it all, but because there is a fat, bloated piece of shit in my brain somewhere that is intelligent enough to disguise himself as a naysayer, or analyst, or lawer, or whatever.

Now that I shined the light on him, I am going to cauterize him, destroy him one sweat laden snatch at a time. He will have no refuge in my head anymore, the only thing that resides there is the steely determination of a giravek, pure, simple, and brutal.

Damn right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

good stuff man, and yes, stay with the program til it's done.goals and deadlines brother, goals and deadlines.
and yes, please do kill those pussy demons in your head with each snatch and press and swing.ain't nothing wrong with that at all.remember strength is a choice and so is weakness. you are choosing to get stronger every day and it's working.
and be careful about wanting to go heavier because once you have to do the RoP with the 32 kg you'll be wishing you only had to use the 24!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

I bet dude, then on with the 88 thats going to rock my damn world, I can see nausea in my future for sure!!!!!!!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home