Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bodybuilding

OK I just went to a bodybuilding site to check out what's new. I used to want to compete naturally but man did I lack the commitment. Really not complaining at all here, in fact the opposite. HST, BFT, HIT, GVT, on and on and on each claiming to be the end all-be all. I got that familiar overwhelmed feeling and I don't even want to work out like that any more. LOL
I ain't knocking bodybuilders though If I ever ran into a genie I would ask to be built like Mike Mentzer, with the functional skill of Rickson Gracie.
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/buymikementzer.html
But that ain't going to happen, AND ya' know what, kettlebell training , especially the RKC way, is so much easier on the head. No grinds over 5 reps, ballistics for as many reps as you want, and do most of your workouts in a medium to medium hard fashion, push hard as a test every now and then.
Hell of a lot of variety in there, hell of a lot of functional strength, and a lot of energy left over for other stuff like MA, sports, or just raising 5 kids.
This kind of training is so much better for me mentally, physically and practically.


When you are ready the teacher will appear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

so true royce so true. kbs the rkc way is so much simpler, but NOT easy, eh?
everytime I do some "isolated" exercise, even just playing aorund I am reminded of how well integrated the kb works my muscles. feels so weird to try to isolate anything anymore.
good stuff and keep up the good work.
momentum is everything.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Not easy at all. I had to lay down last night after my swings to keep from being uncontrollably nuasteated.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home