Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sore today

OK Thursday I did this
bench 175lbs 3x3
bent over row 135 3x3
deadlift 225 3x3
Went sorta light cause it's been a while since I actually lifted because of my hand.
No problems though, weights WAY light.
Fri I got my Bulldog, Friday was a conditioning day, but I couldn't resist messing with the Bulldog.
Results were as follows,
Side press right side, done
Side press left side, failed
swings to chest/eye level done
floor press, failed
snatch, failed
push press failed
clean&jerk failed
bent over row, done
suitcase deadlift done
one handed farmers walk done
thumbles one handed farmers walk done but HARD
Then I had conditioning to do so i did 4 sets of 20 reps with the 44lbr sprint snatches Hard Style ( no energy saving techniques )
Starting from my calves to my traps I have varying degrees of soreness throughout my body, including those deep ab twitches from deadlifting......YAY

I read an interesting workout design.....well not so much a design as template for a strength AND conditioning program. Basically 2 strength days a week and 2 conditioning days a week so
mon strength
tue conditioning

thur strength
fri conditioning

I have decided on some goals
conditioning first goal and the most important at the moment.
200 reps in the SSST
it is a brutal snatch test used by the secret service to test will power and physical preparadness
10 minutes with the 53 lb kettlebell as many reps as you can get. It sounds easy, it's not.

Goal 2 500 lb deadlift on a 1 and 3/8 inch thickbar
Goal 3 Clean and press ladder 1-5 x 5 sets with the Bulldog
Goal 4 Bench 315 x 1
Goal 5 tactical ( thumbless pullup ) ladders 1-5 x 5 sets
Goal 6 no set close a Beef Builder Elite gripper
These are LIFETIME type goals so it will be a while before I can accomplish them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trailady said...

Okay, sounds like a plan. I am impressed with your consistency...

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home