Saturday, July 01, 2006

Moving and workouts

Haven't posted a workout log in a little while, this pesky wrist/tendon deal has interfered greatly. But I think I am better, I have said that before then worked out and couldnt close my hand the next day though....LOL.
Wed. I did 2 sets of TGU's ( Turkish Get Up, slow whole body lift )
10 sets of 2 handed swings
I was limping around because my hammies were sore untill yesterday, felt good though to be sore because I did something good and not have the tendon pain.

I really like the simplicity of the TGU/swing workout, and it allows me to concentrate on what I really need to do. CARDIO with the swings.

We are definately moving, don't exactly know when, but Barb's start date is 7/17 and we got approved for the re-financing of the house.
Lots and Lots of good energy invovled in the move, for instance we are refinancing to to get some cash out for the move and pay off some pesky bills.
The loan officer called us and said she might not be able to give us any cash above our bills, we were COUNTING on that money, but we buckled down and tried to figure out what we would do without it. And we came up with a plan.
Well the final word came down and the dude we are going to actually sign the papers with called us and said they ARE going to give us cash and wanted to know if the amount was ok.................50% MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT.
Anyway not trying to brag, it really is not a lot of money and we have to spend a good amount of it on our apartament lease, but it is just how this whole thing has gone. One door closes and three open up.

On the investing front I got filled on a Rough Rice call option on Tuesday and am already up 16%, annualize that out!!!
If rice has another day or 2 like fFriday I will liquidate. I am shooting for 100% profit, but when it reaches my planned exit point I will sell even if it has not reached my goal profit point.

6 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

i am sorry your wrist has been bothering you! Perhaps a trip to Dr. Voodoo is in order for you too????

I am so excited to hear about you guys moving...not that i want you to go but I am sure you guys will be happier....and cooler. LOL

You'll still blog right??? If you don't i'll have to come and get you...and your little children too!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Absolutely, I will still blog. I will start posting my workouts and weights again now that I am closer to 100% ( more like 95% ).


Gunna' be some pics of the new area also!!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Royce,
I am proud of you for getting back in the game. 2 steps forward, 1 step back - and so it goes.

Sounds like you have your head in the game and you and Barb have caught a wind in a great direction.

I hope that you are happy and that you stick with it. You are a good man and wealthy in spirit.

Barb is luck to have found such a kindred spirit.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Trailady said...

Good for you!!! Rough rice-eh?? Well I put some stock in some non-violent rice once, but I didn't get much profit out of it. ;o)

PS. I replied to your comment on my 'Out of the Blue' post. LOL!!!

You & your family have a GREAT 4th!!!!! :o)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Papasangel, yeah 2/1 ratio for me it is...........UGH.
But such is life.

And I think me and Barb are lucky to have found each other.

Wealthy in spirit is good, and I really don't strive to be wealthy in money, just comfortable!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wrote this long profound blog.
Then the page went blank.
Guess it was not meant to be.

I hope you find your comfortable place and spend time with Barb and your kids laughing, fishing, hiking and living life to it's fullest.

For me, I am seeking more of a balance. I can't sacrifice my health for my work anymore.
So, I am taking time to smell the roses.

Hoping the QQQQ will dump a few points.
Building my future. Remember, I will not have kids to take care of me. I will be relying on the help in a nursing home. Better make it a good one with wide halls so that I can participate in wheel chair races. I am hell on wheels. That'll never change.

Also, I promised my dad that I would establish an account for Becky and Charlie's kids to help pay for college. I WILL do what it takes to keep that promise. My father afforded my a great education, I will afford that to my family. That is my personal commitment.
Rebecca and Charlie know nothing about it which is the cool part.

Curious how you got into options?
This is an exciting world for me.
If I knew how to do this years ago, maybe I would be on an island by now. Perhaps. There is always dreaming.
Make sure Barb has access to a piano up there. She is a spirit that must express herself as you well know. .. and dang she was good.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home