Sunday, April 30, 2006

One of the most embarassing moments........

in my life happened today. I was buying groceries, one of the items was a large jar of olive oil. I put it in the area where children normally sit, but I did not put up the plastic piece that covers the leg holes. ( Are you starting to see the problem? )
So of course it falls at my feet breaking all over the place and I jump to prevent the jar from hitting my foot. I avoided it hitting my foot, wich would have actually been better. So I fall and bust my ass right in the middle of the store. And I couldn't get up right away since my hands were covered in oil and I was slipping around. One of the stockers came over and asked if I was OK and helped me up. He asked what fell I told him, he asked what else fell because he heard two things hit the floor. After a second I figured out it was my head hitting the floor. He heard it the next aisle over..........nice.
The manager and several employees gather around me to ask if i am ok, they try to get me to go to the hospital to get checked out, and of course the only thing I want at this point is to be invisible. I am drawing a crowd as people who heard me fall and curse loudly are trying to find out what happened. I compose myself with as much dignity as I can and go to the self serve checkout still dripping with oil and purchase the only item they cannot put back sliced deli meat. The I go home and pick little shards of glass out of my ass and ankle.
As I related the story to Barb I started cracking up and so did she, it was very humerous. Woulda been even funnier if it had happened to someone who was not me!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Aiman said...

Hi Royce,

I enjoyed your piece while reading about it. I understand it mayn't have been pleasant for you. All of us have such experiences. Nothing to worry.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Than you.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Trailady said...

Royce, now haven't I TOLD you to stop that headbangin'!? Between that and your ballet lessons, you are sure to end up in the hospital. HA HA HA

Believe me, I've had MORE than my share of embarassing moments. One was at camp during a continued skit we did at mail-time everyday. I was playing a little southern belle who ran away from her tyrannical father. Well the last day, the villian-Daddy showed up, threw me over the back of his horse like a sack of potatoes belly down. When he went to get on the horse, he swung his leg up, the toe of his boot caught the back of my long dress and threw it over my head. There I was with my backside exposed and I couldn't get down cause he started riding away right through the crowd!! Everybody saw my skimpy undies!! This is a Christian summer camp, mind you. Pastors, counselors and a bunch of junior campers. I've never been so em-bare-assed in my life!!!!!!!!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

I bet, I don't know if I would have had the courage to show back up there again. LOL.
My deal in the store was actually pretty funny, I was laughing so hard about it later that I had tears in my eyes. At the moment though it wasn't that funny......

11:24 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

P.S. the pun was quite clever by the way, that had me laughing too.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home