Monday, April 24, 2006

Back from the sickness


Had a killer 20 minute workout yesterday
H.O.C. or High Octane Cardio, based on boxers roadwork, wich is jogg for 50-100 yards drop and do pushups 50-100 yards more stop and do pullups, boxers use this to condition themselves for the brutal rounds they must endure. Mike Mahler, a Strength and Conditioning coach extrordinaire wrote an article about roadwork with kettlebells.
Jog, jumprope, or do rounds on heavy bag, and do kettlebell ballistics in between.
60-90 seconds on the heavy bag
10 snatches 5l/5r
60-90 seconds rest ( heart rate had to come down it hit 200+ I'm sure )
five rounds
20 minutes
whole body sore
weight this morning 279
I have lost 21 lbs
Started using an Ironmind Captains of Crush #1 gripper 140 lbs to close, they are kind of awkward so it is even harder than that really, could only get the gripper to parallel when it came in the mail, 3 days later( yesterday ) I closed it with my right hand and almost with my left when i can do 5x5 with both hands at any point in the day i will get a #2 195lbs to close then the #3 280lbs, really stoked about the strength increase in my hands, snatches yesterday didn't even get my forearms pumped. If you can do 8-10 reps with the #2 with both hands you can burst an unopened soda can by using both hands, can't wait.

4 Comments:

Blogger Royce said...

Syd I know your blog address, I have it in favorites. Love you.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

where is the deb love??????

12:40 PM  
Blogger Trailady said...

You GO boy! Just think.... if you were in the WWF you could be 'Royce-the-crusher'!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

LOL trailady thats just too funny, and it takes an average of 18 months before someone can close the #3 and that is someone not one a diet. At some point I will start loosing strength, happens to when you start to lean out alot. BUT when I am out of the obese range................

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home