Saturday, March 11, 2006

Rainy day

Man today all I want to do is sit out on the front porch and chill, it hasn't rained in 144 days here. ( Phoenix, Az. ) I what to make my hot cocoa adult beverage and just chill ( hot cocoa, pepermint scnapps, gound pepermint candy, and a little Baily's Irish Creme ), but Barb is at work, I gotta watch the kids, and I have this pesky workout thing to accomplish, ( front squats superseted w/ stiff legged deads, kb one leg calve raises, density style swings. ) .
Rain is forecast for the whole day, so maybe I can buy the ingredients for my drink, workout, eat super clean the whole day and tomorrow so a few beverages won't affect me. Then I can sit out on the porch and relax with Barb tonight.
The more I think about it, the more rewarding tonight sounds if I get up and get going I will truly feel like I deserve the chill time tonight.
I learned something about our lack of storms and rain the other day that saddened me, Phoenix and the metro area is expanding in a insane fashion. We get most storms and rain in the winter, or summer monsoons. As the Valley grows it sends up an ever increasingly strong heat plume ( sun warming ground and air close to ground then risisng ). The Valley has finally reached a cascade point where its growth will effect the weather in the valley, the heat plume is now strong enough to split all but the strongest storms and cause them to bypass the valley. One more reason why this city is the vortex of hell leading down to satans domain. ( I have 6 damn good reasons for staying though, my family.)
By the way for any of you out there who tend to over imbibe a little, before you go drinking, take a gram or 2 of a b-vitamin complex ( yes 2000 milligrams don't worry you will pee out what you don't need ). As I understand it, one of the evil metabolics of alcahol is acetylaldahyde ( spelling sucks ), it is largely responsible for hangovers, B vitamins bond to this nasty little chemical and you pee it out. Viola no hangover. Tip #2 drink as much water as you can stand right after or while you are drinking, and your second side effect causing hangovers is diminished, dehydration.
What ever the reason the B vitamins work like a charm, you will be a fully functional, responsible adult the day after you act like it is your 21st B-day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

B vitamins, check. Water, check.
Ok, going to a concert tonight.
:)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Fallen Angel said...

Nikki, I am so jealous of you going to a concert tonight. Yes, yes, take it from a nurse, and a functional alcoholic, and an ex- Adventist - whichever lends more credence - b vitamins are a god-send (no pun intended). They, along with 8 ounces of water for every drink that you drink will prevent a hangover. Believe it or not. It is true. I can attest.

Which concert are you going to? I wish you were at home, I'm online tonight and would love to talk.

Look for me. I'll be online the next few days.

Love you Roycie. Want to chill with you tonight too. And you are right. Tonight and today are so beautiful. I love the rain.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

chilling on a rainy day .. awesome ..but do u chill watching the rain or chilling inside? I love rainnnn ..

10:02 PM  
Blogger Red said...

show called "She wants Revenge" I know, great name. Wasn't able to go tho. Bummer.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home