Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Rolling down hills

So yesterday was Valentines Day, and yes I know it is a made up holiday by the greeting card industry. I don't care, I had too many years with no one to share it with. I will make sure it is something special for me and Barb every year.
Having said that, we had very little money yesteday. So we got each other a card and candy. We went for a walk later in the evening, it was like 65 degrees, perfect for me. I haven't worn a jacket or jeans yet this winter, don't nead them in Phoenix!!
I was contemplating our situation, money, love, kids, retirement, travel, moving outta Phoenix ( despite the mild winters, this place is the 6th level of hell ), vacations ect.
We were walking through an office complex that is beautifully landscaped with rolling hills and well kept grass.
Barb dared me to roll down one of the hills, well that is not really a dare!! I of course did it, then I dared barb to do it, there were people watching and everything, she did it.
Do you remember how it felt to be carefree, have implicit trust, not have any feelings of worry or doubt, well I do, as of last night all those feelings came flooding back to me. I still have a residual little glow happening from just letting myself go, being free, no worries, no concerns!!
Grown ups do grown up things, ski, sled, bike, go tubing down the river ( still don't see many people over 30 doing that ), work, worry, contemplate, blog, go to Ikea to find the perfect whatever, college, and how many things else! There is absolutely nothing wrong with these things, they all have thier perfect places, in fact I may be going to Ikea today!!
But we need to take time, no to MAKE time, to play, and not just get some friends together and play bridge or poker, I mean play like a child again. Find a tire swing, skip rocks on a pond( do you remember your highest number of skips???)
AND FOR GODS SAKE, FIND A BIG, WET, LONG HILL AND ROLL DOWN IT!!!!!!!!!!! do it in front of people, to hell with what they think, they will envy you anyway. Trust me you will be laughing untill you pee by the time you hit the bottom. It is the most incredible 30 seconds of therapy you will ever have!!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

lol...i really feel like rolling down a hill right now....

as long as my work is at the top...i'll be roling AWAY from it!!

*sigh*

9:15 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Nice...lol

8:40 PM  
Blogger Fahd Mirza said...

:) I also had very few money on V-day but I had lots of love to spare.

Your name 'Royce' is so chic and dainty.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Thanks for the compliment Fahd Mirza, but dainty or chic don't describe me very well!! LOL

7:41 AM  
Blogger Trailady said...

I am totally with you on that. I take time to be a kid on a regular basis. Great fun!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

ok "non dainty" royce..you must be a muscle bound wad of flesh but all that aside I appreciate your concern for all things easy...like rolling down hills..I thank you for that..good job

6:07 PM  
Blogger A Girl From Texas said...

Sweet Valentine's Day post.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home