Friday, January 20, 2006

workout post

OK after two depressing posts I am back to wrighting a workout post. I was extremely tired due to a late night last night, and I know I probably am going to have another one tonight, so I was going to skip working out today and sleep when the babies went down, and I laid down, then got up and worked out, best one to date. I did 5 sets of 5 one legged deadlifts each leg, and a combination move that was brutal, it is a snatch ( wich consists of "snatching" a weight from the ground over your head and holding it there ) and an overhead squat, where you hold the weight over your head and squat. I did fifty each side, in sets of five, each side with out putting the 'bell down when swithching sides. lets take left side, I would swing the kettlebell between my legs and reverse the motion with a hip snapping motion like trying to jump without leaving the ground,stop the weight with my arm being vertical and the weight above my head, then do a full squat and stand up, that is one rep, 4 more on left, 5 on right, that is one set, did ten, took about 40 minutes because of the rest time betwen sets to get my breathing under control ( and wright my will...lol ) in two weeks I am going to start a stretching routine in the evenings before bed to reduce soreness and help with flexibility ( p.s. my wife was about a mile down the road from me last night and I jogged almost the whole way without stopping, still giving myslf untill jan 2008 to loose all the weight and seriously start powerlifting again )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home