Monday, February 27, 2006

First workout in a week after flu

Ok so I'm back, feeling 100%, ready to workout, as ya'll may have noticed I don't really have a set workout, sometimes I will jog with spurts of KBs thrown in, sometimes I will lift weights in a circuit, or maybe I will do a max swing or snatch workout, the reason is threefold and simple.
1) I get really bored extremely fast, more so with conditioning workouts, I don't like them while I am doing them, so I mix it up.
2) my workouts can be strenous ( for me, others would not even consider them a warmup LOL ), if I did the same workout all the time I would overtrain one area.
3) I have a LOT of weight to loose and I don't want my body to adapt to any workout fast and stall my progress.



OK here is what I planned for today ( hint, what I planned LOL )
10 rounds of the following
2 burpees done with 135 lbs
10 swings with 44 lb KB 5l/5r
60-90 seconds rest
repeat
here is what actually got accomplished today
5 rounds of
1 burpee style clean and jerk with 135 lbs( any oly lifters look away, they were muscled up no techinque)
10 swings 5l/5r
60-90 seconds rest
after main workout 10 ballistic throws with KB.
Results: kicked my little toucas like a paper bag in a hurricane, my fake C&Js were about half the intensity of an actuall pushup burpees
swings went well, actually could have launched them today, they felt light after pulling 135 from ground to chest.
workout over in less than 15 minutes, I was nauseated for 30 minutes afterward.
took a nap.
Whole body fried in under fifteen minutes, getting up tomorrow will be a pleasure!!
Working out outside while the weather is still nice is amazing, sun on face cool breeze, just an incredible feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home