Sunday, September 02, 2007

OK actuall training plan untill I can start full workouts again.

Ripping the skin flap off my finger and then swinging made my finger swell up. Ice baths it is. But I can still use my conveluted grip so I'm going to swing every other day. One day will be KJ 15 on 15 off protocol with 24 kg swings. I know this is no where near as effective as snatches ( although I have no idea why ). but I can't complete 50 rounds anyway so it is a start. the next day will be 40kg swings ( it would be the 2 pood but I lent it to a friend for a few weeks ) 200 reps any way I can. By the end of this month I am going to ATTEMPT, repeat attempt 400 swings with the 40kg in under an hour. That's the next 4 weeks. The I'm going to check my grip, If I can get a firm grip on my KBs then Mr. Whitley ala the fat loss devil has sent me a new set of masochistic looking workouts. He told me to practice being afraid, and I believe him.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I know this is the GS Devil in me speaking, but can you do a hook grip with your thumb? I'm not sure of what fingers you mangled...

9:02 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Well my little short ass thumbs barely get around the bell handle so not really. Pinkie and index finger on my right hand. Good news is though that the scab on my pinkie fell off last night. So I can grab a bell with all fingers, just can't grip it hard at all yet. Still stiff and painfull, but a thousand times better than it was!!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the support - yep that's 40 pounds down, 10 more to my first main goal, and 60 more to the 2nd and 90 more to my final goal. I'm shooting for spring of 09. It's not as hard as I thought it would be - who knew that this new-fangled diet/exercise thing was really something that worked?! ;) ('cause sitting on my ass and eating everything I wanted to wasn't working) hope your hand gets better soon.
nic

4:28 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Thanks Nic. It's much better, I may be able to actually do one handed stuff again soon.
Really though congratulations 40 lbs is a helluva acomplishment. If you ever go to the gym that's a big plate. Or a 5 gallon bucket of water. Makes life so, so, much better to not carry around that shit.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

m

4:50 AM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

royce, the swings are not as effective as the snatch in elliciting a max 02 response because the swing has too much total tension compared to the snatch.there is too much 'afterload' on the heart with the swings, the same reason conventional circuit trainint with weights doesnt increase real cardio improvement as opposed to running or cycling.
congrats on the weight loss man that it is a fantastic accomplishment.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home