Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Updates

I took my stitches out a few days ago and my thumbpad seems to be knitting very well. I had a few scabs come off my pinkie so it's a tiny bit more mobile.
My ankle and knee just didn't tolerate sprinting. My bum ankle started swelling up again and my right knee started stinging on the inside. That damned ankle was the whole reason I got into KBs, no joint impact with a swing.
Last week while I had my stitches in I did swing, knocked out 10 sets of 10 ( pathetic I know ) with the 53 ( one and a half hand grip ). Did Aarons "four corners" visualization. That made a HUGE difference. I also took a cue from his blog and tried to keep my head extended and not looking up. I feel much stronger that way, but less stable in a way because when I swing I can't focus on one point to keep my balance. Interesting. Don't know wich method I'll use.
I was just kinda warming up when my thumbpad started hurting so I stoped. Of course now I feel like a big ole' pussy after I watched Louie Simmons talk about benching with a traecheotomy hole right out of the hospital.
My nutrition has been "ahem" a little off. Haven't been on any full blow binges or anything. They make me too sick, just little shit here and there. Good breakfast good lunch, the a PB&J or some stupid shit like that. Guess I was a little depressed about my stupid behavior and wanted comfort food ( Tracy guess I do use food sometimes ). But I feel sorta blah now. So today i'm back in the saddle. I know what foods make me feel energized and feel strong. Me thinks a trip to Whole Foods is in order.
And I'm going to swing again today tenetively planning 10 sets of 30 with the 53, one and a half hand grip of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iron Tamer said...

Royce, I am gonna call bullshit on you.

"just little shit here and there"
is like an alchoholic saying "I only drink on weekends and after work"

"just little shit here and there" is most likely what you thought when you put on the fat to begin with, right?

Or did you decide "I am gonna eat as much shitty food as I can for the next couple of years and put on 70lbs of useless lard."

If you are eating poorly, admit it, just don't minimize it or justify it.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Alright. Diet has been poor. it's over though. I've been perfect today and that will continue.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home