Sunday, September 23, 2007

KBs, tile, money and manuel labor

So me and Barb have lived on the financial edge for so long when we got a little money we sorta went a little crazy. too much partying going on. Not enough focus on the important things like health. Neither me nor Barb use any illegal substances, but alcohol is another story. I'm deliberately leaving out details because although I want to be honest on my blog I don't nesicarrily feel the need to give out all the details. No denial.
We have done some really good things with the money too. We are in the middle of tiling the kitchen, living room, dining room and hallway. The dining room had vinyl flooring down, I'm in the process of pulling it up. The glue they used is TOUGH shit so I had to buy a floor bully scraper and am having to muscle it up. It's a tough job and the manuel labor feels really really good. My hand has about 95% of it's previous flexibility although it's much weaker now. I can't come close to closing an IM #2 gripper, in fact it causes me pain to try. Of course it mostly hurts all the time now, I hope that goes away sometime or another.

KBs tommorrow AM before the kids get off to school, then the rest of that vynil, and if i have time, i am going to pull all the old tile out of the kitchen. And the old tile out of the hallway. Hopefully I can have the floors prepped and ready to start doing a dry lay with the tile by Wednesday and have the project done by next monday.

I watched an episode of "Flip This House" where a lady and her family remodeled a hurricane damaged house. It was stunning afterwards. I've worked in paint industry, flooring industry, ran my own landscaping company, been a furniture mover, ect ect. A little knowledge in a lot of things but master of none. But I got lazy with this house, it needs so much work that it was just overwhelming to me. So I haven't applyed myself to it. But this is my family and I can help make this house beautiful for them. If I don't then I'm a slacker.

I need to rehang doors in the house, then replace old drywall, then landscape the back and front, replace the cabinents in the kitchen, finish off the garage into another room, fix our plumbing issues ( or have them fixed I clueless with plumbing stuff) and who knows what else along the way. All while going to nursing school with 5 kids and trying to get in top physical condition. See overwhelming. But it's all worth it :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Iron Tamer said...

Royce you ever hear of this guy:
www.daveramsey.com ?

His principals on handling money changed my life.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

There is some cool stuff there man, thanks.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home