Friday, June 22, 2007

DL and DL with chains

Man another one I just slogged through. Once again strength was fine. PRed actually.

Found a fundamental powerlifting truth. Leave links on the ground when using chains!!!!

I pulled 315x5x1

Then started messing around with chains. Put 225 on the bar and 100 lbs of chain. Pulled it but uh... I pulled the cahins completely off the ground. Wich then succombed to newtons first law of motion and started swaying. 325lbs of unstable mass was more than I was prepared to handle. So I dropped it rapidly.

I have a name for my inner mullett. I call him Joe Bob. Joe Bob thinks monster truck pulls are good, Joe Bob doesn't like thinking things through. I hate Joe Bob.

Ok so then I pulled the chains and weights off the bar, put 50 lbs of chain on, figured out how to adjust it then put another 50 on.

Then I went

235x1
325x2x1
415x1

Chains are cool, very cool actually, its almost like partial pull cause you only get the full weight at the top. BUT the neat thing I figured out is that you have to keep the bar speed up as fast as you can at that weight to keep it moving. seriously cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home