Thursday, December 28, 2006

First ROP workout

53 lb bell
press 3 ladders of 2 rungs
53 lb bell
swing 60 reps in 6 minutes
medium day

Realization.
I have 2 inner demons ( well two that affect working out anyway )
One is straightforward, I want it all now, right now, so I always try to do everything at once. I.E. Push on bench press as hard as possible, and diet to the point of starvation, then take creatine and ephedra to make up for the shitty performances. I learned to tame that beast a long time ago ( although he still pops up now and then. ) I learned to really really enjoy bulking, eating everything that wasn't nailed down and then the nails too. And getting PR's monthly and sometimes weekly. Then SLOWLY trying to cut off the fat.
Well then I started drinking ( and doing other substances ) but still eating like a horse, of course I gained shitloads of fat, my health, self-esteem, and general well being paid the price.

Well now I am focused more on health and longevity ( of course there is some vanity to looking good too ). So I keep trying to develop the perfect routine, and not sticking to any of them.

I always thought this was a product of my first demon, I want it all, right now.
I had a huge realization last night during my workout.
After I finished it I felt great, wonderfull, on top of the world.
Within 15 minutes I was overanalizing my workout lamenting on the fact that I couldn't put any effort into getting big again if I was to follow this routine to it's intended goals ( another post, but suffice it to say it will take some time ).

I realized this was camaflauge, it was a smoke screen for my true feelings, because I didn't want to face them.
LAZINESS, SLOTH, I was finding problems with a near perfect program not because I wanted it all, but because there is a fat, bloated piece of shit in my brain somewhere that is intelligent enough to disguise himself as a naysayer, or analyst, or lawer, or whatever.

Now that I shined the light on him, I am going to cauterize him, destroy him one sweat laden snatch at a time. He will have no refuge in my head anymore, the only thing that resides there is the steely determination of a giravek, pure, simple, and brutal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes having this program to follow will be great for you because you wont be able to tweak to go with your demons. do it as written and you will respond well.your variety days are for play time but follow the rules their too.
do not overtrain!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now that I shined the light on him, I am going to cauterize him, destroy him one sweat laden snatch at a time. He will have no refuge in my head anymore, the only thing that resides there is the steely determination of a giravek, pure, simple, and brutal."


cool royce I really like that

3:34 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Thanks Rif, somewhere somehow there is a lit a fire under may ass.
Bout time.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home