Thursday, March 16, 2006

twisted conditioning

I read two articles yesterday by Bud Jeffries, who is probably one of the strongest none pharmacueticaly altered humas alive. 900 lb full squats, 500 lb zercher squats ( where you hold the weight in your arms ) ect. ect.
His websight is www.strongerman.com, he defies all training logic, he has incredible endurance, incredible flexibility, power and limit strength, and has trained for and competed in Mixed Martial Arts, Wrestling, Powerlifting, Strongman and who knows how many other things.
Oh yeah, he is at least 400 lbs, and can outlast most 200 bodybuilders in about any endurance event.
So I read 2 articles of his on his own take of condidtioning, you do limit strength lifts with Kb swings between sets non-stop.
Here is an example bench 3 reps of your 5 rep max bent over row same weight measurement. followed by 10-20 swings, work up to 10 sets non-stop, or 30-60 seconds between cycles, increase the reps, weight, #of swings or all three.
I deadlifted today
225x3
10 swings
60 seconds rest
225x3
10 swings
60-90 seconds rest
225x3
10 swings
5 minutes rest
farmers walk 2 44 lb KBs 2x200 feet.
OK Mr Jeffries is a evil, mad genius, I loved this format, I think I may have found my workout style for a little while, It would look like this
MON
bench
bent over row
swings
thats one set
Wed
KB overhead press
Lat Pulldowns
swings
one set
Fri
deadlift
swings
one set
I am going to set a weight and work for 10 sets of that weight supersetted with swings ( or snatches, or clean and jerks ).
I am going to rotate rep ranges, ballistics, time compression, and of course every 3 weeks take a back-off week to keep from overtrainng.
I did three sets today, so next fri. I am going for 4, we'll see.
4 goals all at once, conditioning, weight loss, limit strength increase, endurance under heavy duress.
And for Doggybloggy, as I will not be increasing my calories a whole lot, the best I can hope for is to maintain my muscle mass, when I am done dieting though......

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

UGH! All I read was "squats" and my knees started to hurt...

*sigh*

I suck....and there is 2 full minutes of lunges (i think they're called) on both sides in kickboxing....and for some reason my feet either slide on the floor or my knees and quads don't want to hold up the rest of my body.

I suck. And you know what else sucks? THE PLANK! UGH!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

lunges and kickboxing sounds BRUTAL, you force all the blood out of your legs with the lunges and then make them move fast. UGH.
That is my kinda pain!!!
( well hot candle wax is not so bad either )

6:14 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

hot wax is GREAT I miss its "soothing" effects....as for the work out you are still a
'freak' but a healthy one

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home