Tuesday, October 23, 2007

OK my motivation has been in the toilet lately

Daves circuits are HARD. I will start them then waffle. Then restart and waffle again. I hate hate HATE oxygen debt and his double work puts me ther in all kinds of a hurry. This has always been my problem with fitness ( not strength wich is actually fun for me to train ) but overall fitness, of wich "cardio" is a big component. I get to a certain point wether it's KBs, running, dumbell circuits, hiking, or any of the various other things I've tried and not stuck to in the past. I get to a point where it's gets hard, then I drop out. Even if you are in good shape thrusters with 140lbs is MONSTER work.

This is my dragon, my white whale, my snake headed demon. I will ride out and kill the dragon and mount his head on my wall. For the rest of this week I'm going to do some stuff I made up. Then Sunday I will start Daves circuits again. I'm tired of banging my head against this wall.

Edit: for someone who actually Aced my english class I write like a 3rd grader :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

dude its the long haul thats important. small steady incremental but CONTINUAL gains trump big but 'can't keep it going' gains anytime. scale things donwn and dont train on the nerve. it'll kill you.
that I count total tonnage and dont care that much about time and density work. do some but dont wear yourself out.
jmo

4:17 PM  
Blogger fawn said...

I hear you Royce... I am no fan of the "cardio" part of the workout. I always try to pepper my workout with the "treat" lifts, like double front squats or heavy push presses.

When Tracy came to visit she put me through some tough swing workouts. They were complicated to the point where I really had to focus on what I was doing to get the movements right. We had so much fun!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

cool thanks man, I appreciate it.

This thing has become a mental battle for me. Daves circuits are 4 weeks long and he has progressions in there, somedays the 32's and some days the 16's. In fact there are only 5 days in the 4 weeks that you use the 32s. I've just been pussin' out plain and simple.

I start Sunday ( because that's where his schedule starts at ) and I will complete the 4 weeks.
I will get to 220
I will then start working towardss my strength goals.

Here is the reason it is so important to me. This is the barrier I've always put on myself with everything in life. When it gets truly difficult I back down. I get a respectable level of schooling/strength/endurance/whatever then when it gets really hard I drop out.

I HAVE to finish Nursing school, have to, have to, absolutely must. For my family and for my wife.

I want to get my strength goals I don't want to sit back in 20 years and say well I tried.....kinda.

4 weeks and I could actually break past that stupid mental barrier I've always had...................

4:35 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Fawn I cannot even fathom trying to keep up with Tracy. I would loose calories just by being near her when she worked out. YEESH!!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Aaron Friday said...

Royce, just keep showing up. Things will click.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home