Monday, July 02, 2007

Workout post

Bench 175x5, 155x5
DL 225x5, 195x5

DW Circuit A1
tgu 5 minutes straight got it all with a 44lbr
swing with 53 150 reps ( can't seem to break 150 )

OK I am so happy with this descision. It was inspired by a post from SSSGLASS where he talks about PTTP DL and dumbell snatches. SO I am going to do PTTP with DL and Bench and keep upping the KB volume. DL and Kbs are both hard on the back so the PTTP cycles will be very conservative. That 5th reps gets heavy I'm dropping back down.

As of this post it feels like a perfect combination, I still get too move some weight and loose some too hopefully with out burnout.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Friday said...

What happened to KBs for the next X pounds? Not that it's necessary, but you seemed convinced.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Oh no trust me I'm using Kbs to loose the weight and improve my fitness. But I want to PL when I'm done. I was trying to do high volume KBs and powerlift too. after a few weeks i was seriously not looking forward to my workouts. I did a back off week with just Kbs and realized how much better it is to focus on one thing at a time. With PttP I won't be pushing hard but can still keep strength and maybe improve it too and not affect my KB workouts.

If My lower back starts feeling overworked or I start going backwards with strength I'll drop PttP.
I believe Kbs are the best general fitness and fatloss tool available to us. I like the barbell too though. :-)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Aaron Friday said...

I understand. The KBs are not barbells, and a heavy barbell is satisfying to lift.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

exactly!

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home