Monday, February 19, 2007

I understand

the 3x3 presses today went so smooth and fluid as did the clean preceding them. I also got the feeling of "almost pushing too far away from your body" to get the arm vertical.
I required less tension today to move the 53, I could have easily done it sitting or on one leg.
The CLEAN before each press allows you to practice generating full body tension, I get it.
Its a skill, I finally am starting to understand why strength is a skill, why you need the volume to adapt.
It is exactly like throwing darts, the little inflections make all the difference. I bet I still couldn't do 3 x 1,2,3 with the 70 so I have a lot to LEARN still. I will be so damn proud of myself when I can do it though!!

Side note I have never had a strong enough ego to work with the light weights untill my form is perfect, I would alway throw on the bar what I could do for doubles or triples and try to get better ( read stronger ) that way. No wonder I plateaued, burnt out, and stopped! I am beginning to really like the light weight work......well or at least the medium weight work, LOL.

Even if I knew about Westside when I was young, and even if I had the self-discipline to stick with something for more than a year or so, and even if I didn't want to be a bodybuilder ( to get the chicks ), I would have failed because I wouldn't have had a small enough ego to work GPP, band work, good mornings, ect ect, to get the skill nessicary to build up to the strength.
I am still learning to crawl before I walk, freakin' crazy.


OH yeah, but Pavel's a fraud.......bullshit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home