Sunday, November 18, 2007

OK. "Decide means to cut."

I know a lot of people who read this will think I'm a low-life, but I'm not. I swear. I am at home in bars, strip clubs, and pool halls. I like book stores, coffee shops, concerts, good resteraunts, and such too. But ya' know something about pool halls and half naked women that gets me. But they are culinary toxic waste dumps. Add beer to hot wings and fries and damn, you have the average american body.


I cannot sit in a strip club and not drink. Beyond my self-control. and if I have one or two "skinny-mixes" IE vodka tonic or light rum and diet coke my inhibition leaves and I get beer. Cause I pretty much can't stand hard alcohol. Then I wake up about 2 lbs heavier ( I'm extremely carb sensative ).

I decided no more bars, strip clubs, or alcohol. Not forever, just not right now. Decide means to cut.

So I decided this a little while back, that and to go back on strict no carb ( I hate it but it works for me the best ). Decide means to cut.

So I've dropped 11 lbs in the last few weeks ( water weight I'm sure from no carbs ).

So tonight I was STARVING and we have no low-carb food in the house and we're broke untill tommorrow at 8am. It's like that a lot around here. 7 people 1 income.
There is a whole Peter Pipers pizza in the fridge. Extra large even. Whole. Just sitting there mocking me. So I break down, brag 2 slices, toss them in the microwave, heat them up, pull them out and take a huge bite.
I chewed it up to the point of swollowing and then just thought. Decide means to cut.
So I spit it out, and tossed the pizza in the trash and filled up a big glass of water.

New goal 198 by may 6th, my birthday.

11 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Friday said...

That discipline will pay off.

How long has it been since you were below 200?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

15 years

8:05 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

too damn long man, too damn long. I feel stellar below 200 IIRC. LOL

8:08 PM  
Blogger Aaron Friday said...

Well, there's some more motivation for you. You will feel stellar.

Relax into it. You've already made the decision, and following through requires that you are relaxed about it.

Great job so far.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Good man!

I will point out that I notice I spend less money on food on IF. Just a thought for the 'poor' days. We all have them! :)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Iron Tamer said...

There is a big correlation between the amount of time spent in strip clubs & bars and being fat and broke.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

way to go my man. thats the kind of shit that gets you where you want to be. good stuff.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

what does IIRC mean?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Rif IIRC
If
I
Remember
Correctly.


Dave, I agree. There are no fit buffed dudes in there.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Tom Furman said...

As the young guys say, (your age Royce), "But you don't understand Tom, that girl in that strip club,...
she LOVES me!....now let me go to the ATM Machine!"
If you choose the behavior, you choose the outcome. There is a saying, Opinions are like A**holes, everyone has one. Well,... All Beer Guts come with an excuse. Rickson Gracie or Pak Herman Suwanda never had excuses. They walk as warrior all their days. BTW RIP Pak Herman.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Yeah Tom I have no illusions that they like me. It's just something erotic me and my wife do together.
Most people do frown on it.
I completely agree with you though about walking as a warrior and not being a fat fuck with a penchant for spending my money on strippers.

Decide means to cut. BTW I'm checking out the Krav Maga school next week.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home