Wednesday, March 28, 2007

EDT leg day.

Planned workout

Front squats to parallel superseted with cable pull throughs.
unilaterall calf ( L/R ) kettlebell in working side hand, using a step. PR zone 2
(100 swings with the 53, however long it takes. I'll never stop swinging, even if it means I'll sacrifice lower body mass. Don't care swings are too important )

EDT makes Roycie sore as a MoFo.

Also starting the first day of Anabolic Diet 12 day transition phase. In the transition phase you're supposed to consume calories at the rate of 18x bodyweight.
I hate those type of formulas, they don't take into consideration body fat, lean mass% or anything else.
I have about 160 or 170 lbs of lean mass, it is just kinda baseline for me, so I'm going to go 20x 160 to transition for the next 12 days. Then adjust from there.

Rob O'brien says he eats 1500 calories per day. I know for a fact this is too little for me but the almost 5000 calories I would have to consume if I followed the plan exactly is way too much. I don't know though Rob looks extremely athletic and fit.
I'll need to experiment and alter calories per goal and program. I doubt EDT with free weights has the same metabolic requirements as ETK. ( I have a feeling ETK might just be higher....LOL )

I so cannot wait untill I don't have to take body fat into consideration for anything, Just fucking buying a pair of shorts is a hassle. Planning calories for a dietary change sucks. I have a pair of Lucky Brand 36 inch jeans I can fit into when I'm about 215. They are the most comfortable jeans I have ever owned. I'm looking forward to giving Lucky Brand and Buckle lots and lots of my money.

Somebody once asked me what the worst part of being fat is, I didn't really have a good answer. Now I do. I am always uncomfortable, always. My clothes don't fit right, I sweat if it goes above 80 degrees and I live in Phoenix, you do the math LOL. My belly hits my thighs when I squat. Jogging across an intersection is hell on my knees, and I don't have knee problems ( thank GOD ). I couldn't even run when I was 304 not even a across the back yard, I had lost the ability. I just waddled fast. (My old friend ran the same way. He squated in a verticle smith machine for 20 years with his feet way in front of the bar. Needless to say his knees are SHOT.) Kb's gave me back that ability. My fucked up right ankle hurts if I stand for too long. My feet get painfull callouses. wich causes more pain in my feet if I stand ( and I'm going to school to be an ER nurse! ) If I eat a normal meal and feel even the slightest bit full, I don't feel full I feel bloated. I am constantly reminded of my hypoglycemia and my exposure to pre-diabetes. If I eat too many startches I wake up feeling hung-over and foggy even if I didn't drink. High blood pressure is just something I have learned to live with.

I guess I'm feeling the same way about eating as I did before Christmas about working out and school. I smashed some old habits and replaced them with new ones. And I have made exceptional progress towards my goals. I've kept off about 30 lbs ( my lowest point last year was -44 lbs ) I can jog now, my ankle doesn't hurt during normal activity. I am out of pre-diabetes ( unless I gorge on simple sugars then shit gets hairy ).
I have gotten 3 of my grades back from schoool Med Term 95%, Chem high B, Algebra high A. I didn't miss a scheduled RoP practice session in 3 months excluding sickeness. Yet I'm not where I wanted to be physically because of diet. Too many cheat days. They aren't cheat days when they last all week.

I'm not choosing the AD because it's the best thing around, the warior diet probably is. But I won't stick to it. I didn't stick to the Zone ( although I will use some of the principles ) I do like me my cruciferous veggies. and fruits ( weekends ). And the ultra-refined fish oil makes me feel like a million bucks.

But I won't stick to a diet that doesn't let me have a beer and a couple of peices of pizza now and then. Kinda like ETK's variety days. I wish I had more dietary self-control, but I don't, and I keep shooting myself in the foot thinking I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home