Monday, May 28, 2007

Holy freakin Jezus did 4 inches make a huge difference

I can't believe it!!!!
First of all that 4 inches cost me 100 lbs on my box squat.
Secondly it hit an ENTIRELY different set of muscles.
Thirdly I squatted narrower than I usually do. I rewatched Pavels 25 more cruel and unusual drills. He has a way of finding the correct stance for squats, get in a stance and move your feet around untill you find your best stance. I did that. I might have shaved off a few lbs this way, BUT I'm way more flexible. and its way way freakin easier to arch my back a little narower in. So i like it better.

Squatting kick my ass today.

box squats off 16 inch box

135x2
185x2
225x2
275x1
300x1
155x12x2

17 sets in less than 30 minutes. Yeah I'm toast, stick a fucking fork in me baby I'm done.

oh yeah it was 100 degrees in my garage too. LOL

I'm going to attempt to do swing later on tonight.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

LOL! A very serious lesson learned my friend. every inch lowe ris worth 50 lbs. thats why squatting really below parallel is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY tougher than just above parallel. NOthing like a box though to get there properly. Just DONT go too low too fast. If you cannot maintain your lower back arch your are too low.and you should squat as wide as you can.
hey tell me are your quads stronger than your hips,naturally?

3:40 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

oh yeah, nice 300! baby! off a box too.its harder. that should be worth another 50 pound in afree squat where you can get stretch reflex.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Mark Reifkind said...

when I could squat 500 off a parallel box I squatted 573 on a second attempt and just missed a thrid attempt with 601. box squats rule.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Yes, Rif my quads are WAY stronger than my hips, even in size they just overpower my hips and hammies.

Yes box squats kick major ass, another thing I wished I knew about 15 years ago LOL

5:57 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Oh yeah I'm still above parallel by a few inches so I need to keep my ego in check or it's gunna get busted I believe. LOL

6:12 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

You're stronger than me, and I am *so* jealous. :) Good work!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

LOL Christine!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home