Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ephedra

O.K. not really a long post, just a warning, I have taken ephedra for a few years off and on again, and let me tell you something the stuff flat works.
I would loose weight and keep it off, then gradually fall back into my old habits and gain weight, workout take ephedra the loose the weight again.
I used to work at a lab and had my heart enzymes drawn, perfectly normal.
So I am on my little fitness quest again and so I pop a few ephedra and go workout, well yesterday I developed a HUGE rash over all of my body, it was also a day after I started to eat almost totally organic foods, so I figured I ate something I was allergic to, I have several plant allergies and I was drinking a juice that had wheat grass and spirulina in it.
The rash was so bad it was under the calluse on my hands and feet and itched like hell, so I said no more juice drink, took some benedryl and got better.
Today almost no rash at all, my whole body was better, went one a 2 or 3 mile walk with my wife and dogs, popped an ephedra before the walk by the time I got back I was on fire no itching this time burning.
My body is rebelling it won't let me do anything unhealthy anymore, getting older sucks

7 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Yeah, I tried the Trim Spa stuff. That works to make you drink a LOT of water. And it makes you feel full, but I swear that's all. Nothing else. I think Anna Nicole is on crack or something to get as skinny as she did. BELIEVE ME if I can find a pill to fix it I will. Plus, where do you find Ephedra anyway? I thought it wasnt' legal?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

The legality of ephedra is being questioned, and the company taking the fda to court started to produce ephedra again, but there is only one store I know of that carries it, One Stop Nutrition, one the corner of Curry and Scottsdale road

9:33 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

Thats in Phoenix

9:34 PM  
Blogger Royce said...

If you like maybe Barb could ship you some, afterall it took ten years for me to get the allergy, but it does hurt

9:42 PM  
Blogger Red said...

well, get your msn workin or somethin!!! Sheesh, yes, that would be cool actually.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Red said...

nope, MSN must have issues or something, isnt' working for me either. Oh well. Maybe another night, I'll probably need to vent after going to my gymn tomorrow night. !

9:58 PM  
Blogger Trailady said...

I used ephedra for 2 yrs while body-building. My fat ratio went down by 8% while I was on it- without changing anything else about my program. So it worked for me too. What I didn't like about it was that I often felt dizzy- and I'm not even blonde- go figure!! LOL (Blondes who read this don't be offended, I'm only kidding! Believe me, we red-heads get our share of jokes.)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home